Labour Issue Watch (LIW) is a non-profit independent organization which works to ensure for the rights and well-being of the labour. Anybody and everybody who works to earn a living is a labour. The Fundamental goal of Labour issue watch is to watch the labour force of the urban and rural as this population has been deviant from all the development opportunities and currently in a state of poor livelihood condition. Labour Issue Watch envisions providing livelihood promotion and social inclusion services to the poor and vulnerable with innovative solutions. Asides promoting the empowerment of urban and rural labour communities by encouraging and empowering people to take part in the development process.
Labour Issue Watch (LIW) envisions a society where poor and vulnerable labours have the assured opportunities of development that enables them exercise to education, health, livelihood and security.
• To promote community based organizations at grassroots level for sustainable development in urban and rural areas
• To provide livelihood promotion and social inclusion services to the poor and vulnerable with innovative solutions.
• To provide capacity building to various stakeholders and undertake evidence based research on various development themes.
• To network with Government, Ngo’s and CBOs for advocacy and policy level Changes.
• To improve the quality of life of the urban and rural vulnerable people by strengthening their existing livelihood programs, initiative new activities to diversify and increase their income.
• To develop community owned and managed institution to sustain their livelihood activities
• To develop well trained and highly capable local service providers to timely support to the members
• To develop community based models for natural resource management in order to protect and use the resources for sustainable development